A Monumental Installation
A Combined Exhibition
An Exhibition Opening Event
Steps In The Process
- Determine the desired season and duration
- Receive a proposal from us
- Work with our curators on specific sculptures in the exhibit
- Determine placement sites
- Gather partners and sponsors if desired
- Plan the media approach and unveiling events
Supplemental Educational Components
Vitrines: This display is a visual explanation on the lost wax method that Seward Johnson utilizes when casting his bronze sculptures. You will find an original table-top clay model, called a maquette, that is the artist’s initial 3D sketch to develop the pose and gesture of each sculpture. Also included in the exhibit are the tools that the artist used and a photographic display that further explores the age-old technique of the “lost wax method of casting”.
Videotape: The artist in his own words. This video features artist Seward Johnson discussing his life, his inspirations and his 50 years in public art.
Workbook: Explore the art of Seward Johnson with a workbook for the classroom (26 pages).
Technical Demonstration: A sculptor from Seward Johnson’s studio will give a demonstration and talk about patination and paint. The artist will describe various technologies and styles that have been developed over the last five decades of Seward Johnson’s artistry. The presentation will explore various techniques on view at your exhibition.
Studio Visits & Workshops: Educational excursions to The Seward Johnson Atelier in Hamilton, NJ, can also be arranged for your school or organization (if location and availability allow).
Exhibition costs include round-trip transportation, preparation and handling and conservation. Sculptures arrive at a central location and hosts move pieces into place.
- 20 sculptures from the Celebrating the Familiar series for a 3 month exhibition.
- Sculptures from the Beyond the Frame series can be added to or integrated into exhibitions. As the Impressionist-inspired series requires professional installation, costs for including these works are base upon each selected sculpture.
- Upon request, adjustments can be made to the number of works and the length of show duration.
Pricing determined by transport distance, scale of exhibit and other factors. We would be happy to create a proposal for you.